This shit's relevant to my interests. Also my life, sometimes. I'm a fanboy with the sensibilities of a fangirl. Also to be found here is slash, genderfuckery, lots of swearing, some creepy shit, and some political shit. I'm shit at tagging things, although I certainly make use of the tags for snarking. I reblog my art and stories from my artblogs, linked below, although I sometimes post it here by accident. (When I do reblog them, the tags are 'look i drew a thing' and 'look i wrote a thing' respectively.)
Fandoms include, but are certainly not limited to: Kingdom Hearts, Skyfall, the Slender Man mythos, Welcome to Night Vale, and NBC's Hannibal, though not in that order. Fun fact: I am always up for recommendations! If you know a horror movie, a fantasy/sci-fi novel, a band, whatever, you think I might dig, please let me know! Bonus points for a queer subplot, extra bonus points for no romantic subplot, negative points for a cis-het subplot (although I might check it out anyway).
Feel free to call me out if I do something offensive, I won't bite, promise. (I'll probably squeal in terror, apologise profusely, and promise to never do it again.) I try to watch myself, but sometimes I fuck up without realising it. If you catch me fucking up without realising it, please do let me know.
― Stefan Molyneux (via scifi-fantasy-horror)
society: oh you have your period? well you have two options.
society: you can use sanitary pads, which make you feel like you are wearing a diaper, and have the added fun benefit of being extremely uncomfortable and give you the extreme paranoia that they will not be enough coverage and at any moment with any movement or sudden sneeze you'll bleed over onto your clothes and walk around all day with blood stained trousers while everyone points and laughs at you.
woman: sounds awful. what's my second option.
society: a penis shaped wad of cotton that you shove uncomfortably inside yourself and it catches the blood before it leaves your body.
woman: still seems pretty awful.
society: wait! it gets better! there's the outside chance that using those will kill you!
woman: well, are they at least free? like how men can have access to free condoms? i mean, it's not like i'm choosing for this to happen.
society: HAHAHA! that's funny. no, you have to pay for them. and they're really fucking expensive.
society: oh, and if you tell anyone that you ARE on your period, your judgement, opinions, and reactions are going to be dismissed as the crazy ramblings of a lunatic.
woman: i think i'll go with my third option.
society: what third option?
woman: i think i'll bleed on everything you love.
I’m seeing a lot of good stuff in the Dishonored fandom but I am seeing next to nowt about ladies so [Outsider yaoi hands] let me propose that you write/art more about ladies, and specifically:
- why not write about Callista Curnow cutting her hair, binding and joining a whaling trawler disguised as a young man - hell, why not write about Callista petitioning Empress Emily to make sure a law is passed that allows women to serve on whaling trawlers
- where are all the fics about Jessamine and Delilah’s friendship
- where’s the AU in which Delilah is picked instead of Corvo to be the Royal Protector
- how about the AU where both Delilah and Jessamine are witches and the Outsider is in awe of their shared power
and they kiss a lot
- and as a matter of fact, since Delilah painted everyone who was important to her and who she wanted to control, why didn’t she paint Jessamine. what if she did, what if she tried but it was never good enough
- where’s all the post-game fic after the highest chaos ending (when Emily dies and Corvo leaves the Empire) that explores how Callista deals with the loss of Emily, who she grew to love, and her uncle who was her only living relative, and how she survives in a city on its knees
- where are those AUs in which Billie and Callista join the crew of the Undine and become awesome pirates together with Lizzy
- give me all the pre-game fics about Vera Moray, there can literally never be enough
- another thing which needs to exist in greater quantities: Billie/Lizzy. like I’m not even. how is this not the biggest ship
- how about those statues of the Brigmore Witches that the Golden Cat commissioned from Sokolov and that he never made? how about an AU where he manages to make them and the witches watch how awful Madame Prudence is to the girls? the girls talk to the statues and somehow skip the quarantine lines to Brigmore Manor and join Delilah’s coven and get back at Madame Prudence for treating them like shit
- what about Black Sally and her gang
- what about the Oracular Order and the girls who are either forced to join by the Abbey or join of their own free will? it’s canon that the sisters of the Order are blind, so are they blind before they join the Order or are they blinded as a part of the initiation? or is it both?
- what about Emily Kaldwin. young Emily seeing the Outsider in the tower by the Hound Pits. Emily as empress. Emily older and wiser, and kinder, or more cruel (depending on chaos levels). what about Emily and her meeting(s?) with the Outsider
- what about the ladies Boyle? what about Cecelia, who nobody notices? what about poor Lydia? what about the young women and girls who join Daud’s whalers and Delilah’s witches and Lizzy’s Eels and all the ladies?
- just. give me ladies